Yesterday AutoPacific announced its 15th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards, aimed at helping consumers make informed vehicle purchasing decisions. “More than one-third of new car buyers are positively influences by objecting awards based on owner rating when deciding to buy a new car or truck,” George Peterson, president of AutoPacific, explains. With the accessibility of information people are doing diligent research on vehicles before purchasing, trying to make sure they are getting the best car for their needs. AutoPacific is a major tool in that research.
AutoPacific summarized the satisfaction ratings of over 68,000 new vehicle owners this past year and each winner performed well in 48 separate categories, that seek to objectively measure the ownership experience.
Cadillac’s Escalade Luxury SUV was given the highest rating of any car or truck on the market, while the Mercedes-Benz S-Class was awarded in the car specific category.
Notable Top 2011 model year performers are:
• Highest Satisfaction Premium Brand: Lincoln
• Highest Satisfaction Popular Brand: Chrysler
• Large Car: Ford Taurus and Toyota Avalon
• Premium Mid-Size Car: Hyundai Sonata
• Compact Car: Hyundai Elantra
• Hybrid Car: Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
• Heavy Duty Pickup: Ford F-Series Super Duty
• Premium Mid-Size SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee
• Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV: Ford Explorer
• Compact Crossover: Kia Sportage
• Minivan: Chrysler Town & Country