Over the past few years, Volvo has enjoyed much marketing success by promoting its vehicles in The Twilight Saga films, including The Twilight Saga: Eclipse that comes out today and features vampire Edward once again driving his Volvo XC60 crossover.
Now, Volvo appears to be trying to build upon that success by adding a little danger to its other vehicle marketing campaigns, beginning with promoting the all-new 2011 Volvo S60 as “the first Volvo to be called ‘Naughty.’”
Based on features alone, we have to say the new S60 seems a bit more nice than naughty:
- Driving Dynamics – Choose between a chassis with Advanced Stability Control or a Sport-mode.
- Bold Design – A stylish, sleeker exterior combined with a driver-oriented interior.
- Turbocharged Engine – With the most powerful six-cylinder engine ever offered by Volvo, the S60’s turbocharged T6 engine with AWD offers 300-hp and 325-lb. ft. of torque.
- Sophisticated Handling – Enjoy a smooth ride with a responsive and engaging suspension.
- Innovative Technology – Urban drivers will appreciate the standard City Safety collision avoidance technology, as well as its world-first Pedestrian Detection technology.
In this video from the automaker, it seems many NY Auto Show attendees had similar "nice" reactions about the Volvo S60.
Of course, we’d like you to decide for yourself whether the S60 is truly naughty or nice. One way to do that is to check out the automaker’s “The Naughty Tour,” visiting Volvo dealer showrooms from July 6 to Nov. 11, 2010.
Other Volvo News
You can also try your hand at winning a new Volvo in the Lost in Forks contest. Or, if you’re ready to buy now, shop for a new or used Volvo on our site.
Facebook T-shirt Giveaway
We have a special treat to honor our loyal Facebook fans on Social Media Day (June 30). Watch the CarLocate.com Facebook page for your opportunity to win a CarLocate.com t-shirt. (T-shirt pic and contest rules.)
Facebook password: Socialize